Tags: anti-virus, block, blocked, browser, dg834g, firewall, following, netgear, network, networking, page, pagehtml, routerwhen, security

How to change ' Site Blocked By NETGEAR Firewall ' page

On Networking » Networking

4,913 words with 14 Comments; publish: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:47:00 GMT; (450136.72, « »)

I have got the Netgear DG834G Firewall router

When I block sites it comes up with the following page:

HTML Code:

p align=right><

a href=http://www.netgear.com><

font color=white size=5><

b>NETGEAR<

/head><

/html>

I want to know how to change this page to something different.

Any way to change this?

Thanks alot

Josh

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 14 Comments
    • Is it suppose to appear like that, from my knowledge my router is also able to block websites but its suppose to show successfully added. Now it seems like a router firmware issue. Check it out with Net Gear website. You will never know it might be a firmware issue.
      #1; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:31:00 GMT
    • I don't think you understand

I know why that page shows, when I block websites and there is no problem with that. Infact there is no problem at all.

However I wish it to show my own custom page and I wanted to know a way to do this

#2; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:32:00 GMT
    • Bump, anyone?
      #3; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:33:00 GMT
    • Possibly search around the install directory for a .html file that could be the blocked page one, then change it to whatever you want.
      #4; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:34:00 GMT
    • I have tried that method, my thoughts are it is stored within the router itself.
      #5; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:35:00 GMT
    • In that case, I doubt you can change them because you probably aren't allowed access to those files.
      #6; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:36:00 GMT
    • The only thing I could think of is to see if you can locate it on the startup disk and copy the whole contents of the disk to your hard drive, change the html code on the file, and remove and reinstall, but from the hard drive. You may need to copy the html page and make the changes then save it to the install files and overwrite the original as it may be write protected.

Else, you could try asking coders if there is a script you could insert somewhere to display a different page than the default. Beyond me i'm afraid.

#7; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:37:00 GMT
    • Its netgear its not as easy as asking the coder

However the support co said there is no html file on my system to alter

#8; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:38:00 GMT
    • i happen to have a spare one of these and might give this a go myself out of interest.
      #10; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:40:00 GMT
    • I also emailed a mate who deals with the netgear techies through his job and he's going to ask them.
      #11; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:41:00 GMT
    • Thanks!
      #12; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:42:00 GMT
    • Any updates?`
      #13; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:44:00 GMT
    • On holiday will check back in 2weeks

Nice to see a reply when I get back

#14; Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:44:00 GMT